IWS provides full-service primary care to infants, children and adolescents from birth to age 19.
Our pediatric patients receive:
- Well-child and sick care from birth through age 19
- School and sports physicals
- Developmental screenings
- Expert care for children with special needs
- Prevention, early detection, and management of chronic diseases
- Health education and nutrition counseling
Additionally, our adolescent patients receive:
- Family planning services (comprehensive medical care, education, and counseling)
- Pregnancy testing at no cost to the patient for those who qualify
- Education, screening & treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) for male and female patients
- Continued health care for IWS male adolescents once they reach their 19th birthday
- Well-woman, preventive care (including breast and cervical cancer screening and referral
Our providers work across disciplines to coordinate the physical and mental health of each child and family. Parents receive personalized educational materials regarding each child’s health and development, as well as referrals to other IWS services and off-site specialists.
The IWS pediatric team stresses prevention and incorporates culturally competent health education and family involvement. By providing bilingual services in a culturally sensitive environment, we tailor our services and educational materials to individual needs, while empowering our patients to make better-informed decisions about their health care and insurance options.