- Preventive care and annual exams for women and men
- Health education and nutrition counseling
- Chronic disease management (obesity, diabetes, etc.)
- Work physicals
- STI screenings and treatment
- Pregnancy tests at no cost to the patient
- Prenatal care
- comprehensive medical screenings
- prevention, early detection, and management of chronic diseases, including hypertension, asthma, and diabetes
- referrals for specialized services such as mammograms and radiological procedures
Our central location provides quality adult care, including prenatal health and family planning, in a safe, bilingual environment where families feel at ease.
An integral part of our mission is to empower people to become active participants in their own healthcare. We provide family planning, and disease prevention services.
Nurse Rose is one of our certified Nurse Midwife from Swedish Covenant Hospital. She uses her talents and knowledge to support expecting moms with the stresses and anxiety associated with pregnancy and labor.
One thing in which Rose strongly believes is practicing mindfulness, or, the practice of taking some time each day to focus on breathing and relaxation, and trying to focus on being present from moment to moment throughout the day.
“I believe that the emotional and psychological aspects of wellness are very important to overall health”.
Rose recently helped a mother with a difficult labor that lasted several days. Rose remembers that when our mother was in a moment of the most fear and anxiety, she said to her: “I just can not do this for 12 more hours!”
Rose encouraged our mom not to think about the next 12 hours and instead to “focus on how well you are already coping”. Rose motivated the mom to go home and focus on comfort measures such as warm baths and plenty of fluids. In the end, Nurse Rose helped our mom overcome her fear of coping with labor at home.
Two days later, our mom returned to the hospital in better spirits and delivered a healthy baby.