Our prenatal care teams offer a wide variety of services to meet the needs of women who are expecting. Mothers-to-be can expect the best care and attention with an integrated care model and variety of services to ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
The Angel Harvey Family Health Center of the Infant Welfare Society of Chicago proudly partners with Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Hospital and Swedish Covenant Hospital Midwifery groups to provide the very best prenatal care and treatment.
Our prenatal care services include:
- Pregnancy tests at no cost to the patient
- Prenatal care visits
- CenteringPregnancy© prenatal visits
The CenteringPregnancy group care model has changed how women and care providers feel about the patient care experience.
CenteringPregnancy replaces the traditional one-on-one prenatal visit by bringing together a group of 8-12 pregnant women, who have similar expected delivery dates to meet during a group prenatal visit.
During each of the 10 prenatal visits, pregnant women and their support person meet with a Nurse Midwife from one of our partnering hospitals and a medical assistant for 90 minutes to two hours. Each visit consists of:
- Health assessment- checking weight and blood pressure
- Interactive learning- discussing important topics for a healthy pregnancy
- Community building in a group setting- an opportunity to learn and grow with other mothers from all over the Chicagoland area
For more information about the Centering group care model, please enjoy this video or visit the website.