Care Coordinators are an important link between the pediatric services and the counseling and CHAT departments. Care Coordinators provide health education, referrals, child development screenings, and connections to social services agencies.
Care Coordinators see all newborns for developmental screening, assist in problems with lactation, and educate parents on child safety, including car seats, among many other specialties.
They assist families in:
- Dealing with Poor Verbal Communication and Behavioral and Sensory Issues
- Conducting Additional Developmental Screenings
- Providing Parent Education and Support
- Giving Nutrition Education for Children with Feeding Issues
- Addressing Issues Through Behavioral and Disciplinary Interventions
- Providing Social, Emotional, Language Support
Parents are also given information about free or low-cost programs for their children through various resources. All care coordination services are referred by our medical providers. Make a medical appointment today.